Announcing the 2012 Ripple of Hope Award Recipients
The MENTOR Network is proud to announce the 8th Annual Ripple of Hope Award recipients. The winners were selected from more than 300 nominations and represent the very best employees, Mentors and independent contractors whose dedication to the individuals The MENTOR Network serves has led to positive change and created a legacy for others to follow.
“Their stories of hope, selflessness and commitment are inspiring—and like those of so many others across the company, deserving of our gratitude and appreciation,“ says Ned Murphy, Chief Executive Officer, The MENTOR Network.
The winners will be honored at a special ceremony on November 14, 2012, at the Minnesota History Center in St. Paul, Minnesota.
In 2005, The MENTOR Network established the Ripple of Hope Awards to recognize The Network’s most outstanding employees, Mentors and independent contractors whose passion, energy and skill have created a positive impact in the lives of others. Whether they work in direct care, operations or supporting business roles, these outstanding employees and service providers create a \\\”ripple of hope\\\” and a legacy of compassion and caring for others to follow. The title of the award is inspired by the words of late U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy:
“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.”
The 2012 Ripple of Hope Award Recipients
- Donald Coleman: Direct Support Professional, REM West Virginia
- Benjamin Darval: Program Coordinator, REM River Bluffs (Minnesota)
- Barbara Donaldson: Mentor, Massachusetts MENTOR
- DeAnna Hand: Program Manager, Alabama MENTOR
- Ken Hellman: Residential Supervisor, NeuroRestorative Rhode Island
- Ericka Jackson and Jessie Bonnett: Mentors, Texas MENTOR
- Silvia Miranda: Certified Nursing Assistant, CareMeridian Santiago Canyon (California)
- Eric and Rosemary Stanley: Mentors, Georgia MENTOR