Periodic Therapy Services
It’s hard to be successful when you’re standing on shaky ground. That’s why New Jersey MENTOR provides periodic therapy services to help stabilize children and families throughough the state.
Also known as Beyond Expectations Innovative Therapy, or “BE-IT”, this program is designed to keep families together and avoid more disruptive and costly out of home placements. Whether at home or in the community, our team of experts deliver individualized therapy services for youth with emotional, behavioral and developmental challenges, as well as their families.
Intensive Therapy for Youth and Families
Beyond Expectations Innovative Therapy begins with individualized service planning. We get to know each child and their family and develop a personalized plan to meet the unique challenges they face.
Our continuum of intensive therapy services are designed to help children and families:
- Work through unresolved issues
- Develop new methods of coping
- Learn behavior modification strategies
- Improve communication skills
- Build and strengthen relationships
- Avoid out of home placements
- Resolve conflicts
- Develop mechanisms to manage grief and loss
Beyond Expectations Innovative Therapy program includes:
- Strengths & Needs Assessment: Our staff determines the child’s current strengths, provides a provisional diagnosis and begins the development of an individualized service plan.
- Therapy and Counseling Services: Through a range of services, our therapists infuse positive reinforcement, emotional support, role-playing, and crisis management.
- Mentoring: We include mentoring in our BE-IT program to help youth develop healthy relationships with responsible, caring adults. These caring role models spend quality time with each child through a variety of outings and activities.