Individuals Shine At New Jersey MENTOR’s Annual Stars Event
Since 2009, New Jersey MENTOR has had the pleasure of presenting STAR awards to more than 40 employees, Mentors and community members dedicated to The MENTOR Network’s mission of offering adults, children, and their families innovative, quality services and supports that lead to growth and independence, regardless of the physical, intellectual or behavioral challenges they face.
This year’s honorees, like their predecessors, were chosen for their courage, will and sheer dedication. They were celebrated by staff, Mentors, individuals served by New Jersey MENTOR and Network partners at a luncheon on May 5.
“Through these dedicated individuals, New Jersey MENTOR continues to strive for excellence in all we do,” said Valery Bailey, Executive Director of New Jersey MENTOR. “This is who we are, this is what we do. I am so proud of my team.”
In addition to the award recipients listed below, Nicole Bosco, State Quality Assurance Manager, received the state leadership award. New Jersey MENTOR staff members also surprised Bailey with a special recognition award.
- Miriam and Rudy Shaw, Mentors
- Josephine Thomas, Mentor
- Diane Pisculli, Group Home Manager
- Ted Cofer, Therapist
- Walicia Jackson-Morse, Clinical Lead
- Angela Thomas, Clinical Coordinator
- Diana Armeno, Area Director
- Katie Orlowski, Area Director
- Brooke Christine, Intake/Recruitment Manager
- Kelly Marchione, Clinical Lead
- Yvette Elliott, Area Director
Community Partner Award
- Danielle Cooperson, Division of Child Protection and Permanency, State of New Jersey Department of Children and Families